If you’re like every other food producer, you hate training & retraining!
Especially, when it comes to cleaning your facility. Because let’s be honest, if we didn’t have to worry about pathogens posing both a potentially deadly health risk to consumers & destroying products… then we probably wouldn’t be interested in cleaning at all. But unfortunately, that is the case and cleaning, although often overlooked as it isn’t a money-generating business function, is critical for the longevity & success of food producers.
With over 40 years of industry experience at SGA, we will endeavour to address your burning questions as to how you can train staff to care for themselves and your facility in the most effective and time/cost-friendly means possible.
Okay, so first let’s identify why training is disliked:
- It’s very time-consuming & even worse it can often feel like a waste of time, especially if constant unwarranted reasons for training keep it hanging around like a bad smell. E.g. training as a result of regulations & industry requirements.
- Time = Money, training is a business function nobody wants to be dragged out. Not the trainee or the trainer, it enormously costly to have sub-par onboarding or training as it is a critical & perennial business function (in most cases). Over the course of a few years, this can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Often, training is ineffective. The information simply isn’t retained if the teaching and testing aren’t progressive in nature.
- The ‘On the job training’ approach can be costly also. If you are training cleaners on the job as the primary source of training, you’re doing it wrong – wasting way too much time to overcome a learning curve that can be flattened through other means. Flattening that learning curve is immediate savings – money in your pocket.
- It is a tedious task and in the food industry turnover rates are higher than many other industries, but high competency levels are still required. Making it challenging to find a balance.
Well, it’s simple, isn’t it? Remove all the expensive or unnecessarily costly components of training – to do this how we train must be reimagined. The biggest pain of training is the time that must be attributed to completing it, this can be directly addressed via implementing an online training component. This is not a new discovery but, in the past, it has been challenging and perhaps even more difficult to over hall the old approach to training by spending (wasting) more time to develop entirely new training systems specific to each site/facilities requirement.
The benefit is there – online training flattens the on-site learning curve as each person will be already well versed & familiar with your facility before even setting foot on site. This allows for fewer wasted resources – in personal, money and equipment.
How SGA has the capacity to solve all of your problems:
Over the past 3 years SGA has had a deep focus on training and development. We put together a training department to build an online training system from scratch with the goal of filling all of the specific problems outlined above. Now we have hundreds of digital training courses and modules that educate people on the basics like chemical handling and PPE to ultra-specific trainings that detail via bespoke HD videos EXACTLY how to clean your specific facility and the specialty equipment/machinery in it.
Our training has been implemented with great success at 47 sites. Recognised and used to train the Australian Army with the knowledge and procedures to safely conduct reactive and preventative coronavirus cleans. In addition, our fastidious coronavirus trainings have been completed over 6,400 times and the teachings have been implemented in hundreds of food manufacturing facilities across Australia (and internationally), helping protect our food supply chain.
How is our training beneficial?
Reduce Cost & Hours of Training
Did you know the average cost of training per employee is $1,252 (usd) and an average of 33.5 hours are spent in training them? Almost a full workweek. Truth be told, in our industry employees traditionally have a weaker grasp of the English language and therefore training time is normally north of 40 hours.
With the introduction of our training & learning management system to sites we have seen inductees reach a level of competency and proficiency in only 9 hours of on-site training. A 77.5% reduction – resulting in fantastic cost, time and resource savings.
Automate Your On Boarding & Retraining Process
Our Learning management system (LMS) will automate YOUR on-boarding or retraining processes. Our LMS can bend to your wants, we have the capacity to create unique modules to ensure every key bit of information is clearly communicated via our HD videos and progressive learning quiz’s.
An Inexpensive Solution
Extremely Inexpensive, to enquire about pricing for your facility and how we can develop online training packages which can be integrated into current cleaning practices no matter how they are structured, internally or externally – email email@example.com
Our training solution is the only of it’s kind in the industry. Offering hundreds of HD training modules, accompanied by industry leading cleaning procedures and progressive learning testing.
This is the solutions we wanted, so we invested heavily in its development. Traditionally, we use this at our customer’s sites and it has helped us build our reputation as one of Australia’s highest quality cleaning company’s.
However, we realize it has the potential to help so many other businesses beyond those that we can service and as such are willing to offer this training package beyond just our current customers.
If you’d like to know more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org